Saturday, September 12, 2009

Chicago's Bean

What: It's Chicago Bean in Chicago Millennium park. I've been wanting to go here ever since I came accross it Flickr. Finally had a change to drop by Chicago for a day. That's all I ever wanted :)

When: I was there on mid Aug 2009, walking around the park the day . Check out the city online before you head there. Tons and tons of things to do. I think the city really shows off her beauty by sunset. OR maybe I'm just the sunset person (or maybe I never get up early enough for sunrise to be liking it). Anyway, this shot was about 8:00 pm. It was after sunset and dark. I think it'd be nice to be there around July or so for the Lurie garden flower shots.
Here's a day picture of the bean:

Here's a night picture of the 1 of the port within walking distance from Millenneum park with a little help from PS:

Where: I was standing at the corner of the bean in order to get the bean and the whole city light. Also if you can, come to the corner of Monroe and Columbus, look toward the Pavilion at night. It's beautiful.


How: I used my Nikon D90, Tokina 11-16mm for whole view of the city, Nikkor 18-105mm sometime during the day for zoom as needed, and Nikkor 50mm f/1.8 for some night shot, and Sigma 105mm macro in Lurie garden. AND tripod!!! I had a really hard time for not bringing 1 due to its size. BRING TRIPOD BY ALL MEAN.

Here's why I brought macro lens


No comments:

Post a Comment