Wednesday, December 21, 2011

DIY Panoramic Tripod Head ver 2.0

From my last post I did on Panoramic tripod head here I made some change to the material choice. Last version was built and used with Nikon D90 and Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 . Since then I upgraded to Nikon D700 and Nikon 16-35mm f/4. This kit out weights the last panoramic tripod head. The standing up arm wobble a lot with this setup.

This ver2.0 I used 1/4" AL plate. Similar dimension as last time. Instead of bending to L plate, I was able to find scrap material to fit perfectly. Everything is assembly with 1/4" 20 screw.
Front view

Front angle view
Top connecting arm to swing plate

Swing plate at 90
Swing plate channel. I got a hold of a really old mill machine and did an not so good job on this. But works


Bottom plate with L bracket
L bracket with 1/4" 20 screw

If you have any questions, feel free to leave comment. I'll try to check more often and reply.



3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can u send me the measurement. at samih-sa-om@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Same7, please refer to my ver1 for dimension http://nhatphanphoto.blogspot.com/2009/09/diy-panoramic-tripod-head.html

    ReplyDelete