Friday, July 3, 2009

About me

So today I finally get time to start this page. I meant to do this for some time now but time seem to get sucked out of my life lately. Anyway, this pate should be all about photography and not me whining about my "perfect" life.

I've been loving photography seen I was as little as 7th grade. Of course it was all film back then. On one-week family summer trip that year, I wasted 4 rolls of 36exp film. It was all about nature. But we all know as we first play with camera, it's all random shot which at the end they all look the same and has no structure whatsoever. I have not play with camera until I had my first digital camera in 2001 when a 1.3 mega pixels (MP) was still $150. It was Olympus D-150. Its performance? Somewhat less than my current 3.0MP camera phone now. But I was happy and had good time since it was one of those first digital camera back then.
Until 1/20/2004. My grandpa gave me a Canon G5. I know the exact date because I still have that receipt. Why? That's just what I do, everything go back to the box and tuck away. I never thanks him enough for getting my feet wet again in this hobby. It was around $450 at the time which I then spend another $500ish on accessories. $200 alone on a 1GB compact flash card in 2004 ?!?! I know... And I still have this camera which I'm not planning to get rid anytime soon... It's a piece of mind.


I had this camera until 12/13/2007 when I graduated from college, get a real job and got myself a real DSLR Nikon D40x. The fun started then.

In Japanese Garden, Senter Rd, San Jose, California

West Cliff Dr., Santa Cruz, California

I had way too much fun with this guy. I spent nights playing with it in my room just to take pictures of nothing and learn nothing but just to get used to it. I also used this to do outdoor album for my brother wedding. I out-grown it so fast. I gave it up to fund for a D90 in 12/01/2008. Check out my toys post for my current setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment