Sunday, January 24, 2010

Uvas National Park

What: Water falls in Uvas National Park

Where: Got there around 10:30 am on one Sat morning. Why this particular Sat morning? It's been raining (or should I say bay area just for hit with 4 storms) straight in 1 week. This Sat was the only day within 2 weeks window with partly cloudy report. This weekend will be followed by more rains until who know when. It's perfect for water falls shoots. Lots of water and sunny (partly cloudy) day. We got to this Parking lot and paid $6. Was gonna ditch but ... please support National Park! hihi

When: It'd be nice to be in this area on a sunny day during raining season (normally start Nov till April or so).

How: I brought with me all my gear as I normally do but this trip I only use Nikon D90, Tokina 11-16mm, Cokin P series ND4, ND8, steady/strong tripod ( I don't think carbon fiber can handle it). Once you start the trail, there are water falls left and right every where you go. Just enjoy and be careful around the water during rainning season. Hard to get to spot are always give you best result as a rule of thumb.

I set up my tripod here and there in the water completely or partially. At one place where I had all 3 legs under water directly under the fall. Not a good idea. Next time I should try it out first before locking my camera in. The camera was shaking on top of my Manfrotto 055XDB with head 808RC4. This combo is no toy. It's pretty strong, yet it was shaking the camera. Took it off the water I had 1 leg on the rock and 1 on the dead tree from the other side of the fall, and 1 still under water. But this time it's alot better (not really ... my camera still in the middle of the current hahaha***photo credit to Aleksandr Polyakov***)



And this is what I got or view large on black
Exposure: 6
Aperture: f/20.0
Focal Length: 14 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: No Flash



Exposure: 10
Aperture: f/13.0
Focal Length: 14 mm
ISO Speed: 200
Exposure Bias: 0 EV
Flash: No Flash

No comments:

Post a Comment