Sunday, September 12, 2010

Lens and tripod update

Ever since I have Nikon D700, I've always been wanting to get the Nikkor 50mm f/1.4. I've seen many beautiful low light as well as non low light shots. But I already have the 50mm f/1.8 so this f/1.4 was not on the top priority list. Out of nowhere last weekend I found a great deal on this lens from craigslist and was able to get it for $210. New lens would run about $330 or so and used one on craigslist would run about $250-$270. So now my Nikkor f/1.8 gonna be leaving me soon.










Also on my wish list is a super light weight tripod. I've been browsing around for one good and affordable tripod. And came across Slik Sprint Pro II. After seeing it on youtube, and try out in store, I have to have it. First trip I took it to was the Berry Creek Fall. After this trip, I decided I should not use this unless it involves air traveling, or extended long hike. Apparently it does not support D700 and 16-35mm. In portrait setup, the camera would tend to get loose and drop the lens toward the floor. Anyway, so I had it for that trip and Seattle trip. Very light weight and offer full features of high end tripod (btw, tripod head is not replaceable). I would if I could get a carbon fiber tripod but that's a little fancy at this moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment