Saturday, May 8, 2010

Update to family members...

So... I recently purchased a Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8. There are 10^infinity site out there review on this nice, lovely lens so I'll just run over quickly. It's HEAVY. Unlike any lenses I have it's really heavy which is a good trade off for it's performance. I didn't see great improvement until I come back and use 18-105mm lens with all kind of limit. Anyway. I got from ebay... bad bad move. It has many scratches on the body and the focus ring make noises which was kinda turn off. But it did came with 2 B+W filters. So I sold the lens and kept the filters.

Then it's kinda hit me that I have to have this lens at better condition. So I decided to sell my Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. I also loveee this lens. Only turn off was that it focus supper slow, and hard in low light. Plus this lens doesn't work too well with Nikon D90. It has problem linking focus at time. I though I could live with it, apparently not. It's annoying when you have fast lens trying to get shots faster and ended up couldn't focus right.

Then the Lowepro slingshot 200AW was gone today as well.

Going through all this could mean I'll get a new Nikon 17-55mm f/2.8 or a refurb Nikon D700 from an ebay unauthorized Nikon dealer. And start the whole lens collection again :( So what's wrong with refurb + ebay + unauthorized dealer? I don't know, If you do know what I'll be missing by getting Nikon from "unauthorized dealer", let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment