Monday, May 31, 2010

Goodbye

Goodbye my lover... :( (lol on song selection)


BIG changes in the collection this time! New born and is the king in family now.. all new Nikon D700 from beachcamera through ebay with bing and bucks discount. Letting D90 go in tears today (May 31, 2010)... with its 18-105mm and soon the Opteka grip. All to welcome another new member Nikon 16-35mm to be hand in hand with D700.

I'll be missing D90 A LOT. It's a well built camera. If I ever get a gig doing photoshoot, I'll probably get D90 again as backup body.

Switching to D700, there are so so so many more options that I've not had a chance to get used to ever since it's born (MAY 27, 2010). Things I notice so far from this switch:
- Very big view from FX senso in D700
- 3 programmable buttons on D700 compare to 1 in D90. So I had live view, auto bracket, and raw programed in. Kinda the same as D90 bc live view and auto bracket in D90 has its own button. Auto bracket in D700 however can do up to 9 steps unlike D90 only 3 steps.
- When viewing images, D90 let you scroll back dial or use cursor to go through images, D700 only let you use back dial to scroll once image is zoomed in. ***update: the menu of D700 offers so many option and I did finally found out how to do this view using back dial***
- Of course amazing ISO performance.

My final dream set would be Nikon D700 and Nikkor 16-35mm, 24-70mm and 70-200mm. But I know I use a lot on the wide end so I ended getting 16-35mm first. Soon enough, 24-70mm will come, but not now. I think 50mm 1.8 and 70-300mm meet my needs for now.



***update: I really miss the Nikon D90. It's best bang for the buck camera so I don't really mind abusing it compare to babying the D700. Light weight (at least compare to D700). Just enought option to amature ... like me. If I ever need a back up body, it'll be D90 for sure.***

No comments:

Post a Comment