Saturday, August 14, 2010

Pigeon Point Lighthouse

What:Pigeon Point Lighthouse

When: Yet another random weekend trip to the coast.

How/Where: From Santa Cruz, head North on HWY 1 for about 28 miles. Make a left on Pigeon Point Road and park to the parking on the left. I brought with me on this trip was my old D90, Tokina 11-16mm, Nikon 70-300mm and tripod.

First angle, I was here. This image was merged by 3 exposures using Photomatix for HDR effect.

No Exif data from 3 exposure.


Second location, this one is kind of tricky because of the fence. I had my Tokina sticking out through a hole along this fence (surprisingly somebody must have made this hole to fit the camera through :) nice). This below image is also HDR... no EXIF :



Third stop, walked all the way to the end of the lighthouse trail. It started to become really foggy, so I think B&W is better for this shot

Aperture: f/4.5
Focal Length: 11mm
Speed : 0.6sec
ISO 100
Exposure compensation: 0 step



Also from this third location, when the fog start to come down, I have the following setting:

Focal: 50mm
Aperture: f/2.8
Speed: 2sec
ISO 800


I had 42 shots of the same frame, the same 2 sec. The fog does not always help to create a straight, solid white beam. With all 42 shots I was able to put some light beam together in this one. The fixed 2 seconds help keep the thickness of the beam consistent.

No comments:

Post a Comment