Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rodeo beach

What: Another Friday, another reason to head out of the zip code to shoot. This Friday it's Rodeo beach

When/Where: Got off work a bit early on Friday and headed to SF. Got to Point Bonita about 5:40pm. I headed down the trail hoping the gate is open but then realized it's only open Sat, Sun and Monday from 12:30pm to 3:30pm and I believe they have guided tour. That's not cool but oh well, I was not there for the light house this round anyway. BUT the craziest thing I've seen and probably would never know how/why and don't think I'd ever ever see this again...
When we headed down the trail. We saw a black sedan down at the end of the trail by the closed tunnel to the light house. I was like "no fkin way... Somebody gotta be that stupid to drive down this walking trail..." But how though... Anyway we headed down about to pass the little section look like a bridge and the car drove up. It's a black Dodge Charger with a female driver and seem to be a female passenger. Careless we headed to the tunnel and find out it's locked. So we headed back up. Little did I know... (and I kid you not, I still get goosebumps as I type to this part), there's no way out of that trail. both left and right side of the trail are cliff. Up a little, right side is still sliff and left side is the hill with trees and no drive way. Close by the gate is a little drive way to the portable restroom. That's IT. The gate to the trail is LOCKED. And the tiretrack disappeared around the restroom area. I went in and checked that area. It's dead end. OMFG. How ? The only way they could get out is to have the keys for the gate, which I think only Ranger has them... ?!?! OK If you know any other way to get down there by car without using that gate... PLEASE let me know. Not that I want to drive down but I want to have an scientific explanation. I hate to have a mind bugging "gosh" situation like this...

So we then headed to Rodeo beach, did a little hike to this location.

How: As usual, I had with me the whole backpack but only used Nikon D700, Nikkor 16-35mm, B&W 1000x filter and Cokin ND8.

It was not the best weather I've seen so I didn't expect much out of this trip. After extended photoshop editing, I was able to get this.

Due to weather condition. I had to mix and match in photoshop with 7 layers to get this photo. So no valid EXIF data. Just 1 shot to get the rocks, few with ND8 to get the waves, and a few more to get the sky. Pick and choose from about 60 shots in this trip.



UPDATE 09/01/2010: OK so I stop by the light house again this pass Sunday and was able to talk to the park rangers (all female). They said it was them who drove down there to check things out. They went down everyday not just the scheduled tour hour. Well... that explains it... I still don't know why old female ranger would drive a nice, new, all black Avenger... oh well, I guess she could. Because it's better be her that day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment